Weather Forecast: Monday to Wednesday
Menu

Weather Forecast: Monday to Wednesday

PUBLIC WEATHER FORECAST FOR ST. MAARTEN 

DATE ISSUED: Sunday, September 13, 2020 @ 18:00 LST (22:00 UTC)  

VALID UNTIL: Monday evening (18:00 LST) September 14, 2020   

   

WEATHER:     

Tonight through Monday evening: Fair to partly cloudy with local showers possible.
  

Forecast High: 32°C / 90°F             Forecast Low: 28°C / 82°F  

   

Sunset Today: 6:16 P.M.                 Sunrise Tomorrow: 6:00 A.M.   

   

SURFACE WINDS: 
Tonight through Monday evening: East-southeasterly with a gentle to moderate breeze of 08 to 14 mph. 

   

SYNOPSIS:    

Low level winds are expected to increase with the strengthening of the Atlantic high-pressure ridge. Meanwhile, daytime heating could trigger a few brief local showers.   

Seas are expected to remain moderate through the next few days. Small craft operators and sea bathers should continue exercising caution today.  

  

STATE OF THE SEA:  Slight to moderate         WAVES/SWELLS: 4 to 6 feet  

   

SPECIAL FEATURES:  

  1. At 5:00 pm, the center of Tropical Depression Twenty was located about 1740 miles east-southeast of St. Maarten. This system is expected to become a Tropical Storm tonight and upgrade to a hurricane on Tuesday. Based on its projected path Tropical Depression Twenty is not expected to pose a direct threat to St. Maarten.   
  2. Hurricane Paulette, Tropical Depression Rene, and Tropical Storm Sally does not pose a threat to St. Maarten.   
  3. An area of disturbed weather located just off coast of Africa has a high (70%) chance of formation through the next 5 days. Additionally, another tropical disturbance is forecast to move off the coast of Africa by Monday. It has a low (30%) chance of formation through the next 5 days.  THE METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT OF ST. MAARTEN WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THESE SYSTEMS AND UPDATE THE PUBLIC ACCORDINGLY.    OUTLOOK through Tuesday evening: Fair to partly cloudy and slightly hazy.    FORECASTER: Gordon   The next weather forecast will be issued Monday at 06:00 LST (10:00 UTC). 

  

3-DAY FORECAST 

DAY  

Monday  

Tuesday  

Wednesday  

  

WEATHER  

Fair to Partly Cloudy
Local Showers Possible 

Fair to Partly Cloudy 

Partly Cloudy, 

Isolated Showers possible 

HIGH TEMP  

32°C / 90°F  

32°C / 90°F  

32°C / 90°F  

LOW TEMP  

28°C / 82°F  

28°C / 82°F  

28°C / 82°F  

SUNRISE  

06:00 AM  

06:00 AM  

06:01 AM  

SUNSET  

06:15 PM 

06:14 PM 

06:13 PM

back to top

Soualiga Radio