SINT MAARTEN (PHILIPSBURG) – Chairlady of Justice Committee Member of Parliament (MP) Grisha Heyliger Marten, has sent a letter to the Minister of Justice Ana Richardson with respect to a motion dated June 30, 2021, related to the “rechtspositie” or legal status of justice workers.
The letter dated July 25, 2022, reads as follows:
Honorable Minister Richardson,
In view of the fact that we are nearing the deadline to execute the motion that was tabled by
my person and passed by Parliament on June 30th, 2021, I am hereby following up with you on
the progress thereof.
- The last report to Parliament on this topic was that the "rechtpositie" issues related to
justice workers would be resolved by the ending of the first quarter of 2022. How has
this trajectory been concluded to enable the process for the retroactive payment to be
established? This question must be answered if the "rechtspositie" trajectory has not
- Retroactive payment calculations would have been completed by the second quarter of
this year, and that payments would commence the third quarter and be concluded in
the fourth quarter of this year. What is the current status of this process? Have the
calculations been made?
- If the "rechtspositie" issues have not been concluded how has the payment calculations
and verification been handled?
- Has the payment of the personnel commenced, and if so, which percentage has been
applied? If not, what is the reason for the delay, and what is the new timeline for
- Has the budget revision made proven to be sufficient to cover the payments
- Kindly indicate how the allocated budget is spent and/or will result in a budget
revision/increase in 2023 in order to facilitate payments, if these have not yet been
Looking forward to a prompt response to the above.
Grisha S. Heyliger Marten
Chairlady of the Justice Committee