HARBOUR VIEW – On January 12, 2018, His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, sworn-in the United People’s (UP) party, Democratic Party (DP), Member of Parliament (MP) C.E. Brownbill coalition supported interim Council of Ministers headed by Prime Minister Leona Marlin-Romeo.
The interim Cabinet comprises of the following ministers:
- Mrs. Leona Marlin-Romeo, Prime Minister and Minister of General Affairs;
- Mr. Cornelius Deweever, Minister of Justice;
- Mr. Michael Ferrier, Minister of Finance;
- Ms. Jorien Wuite, Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports;
- Mr. Miklos Gitterson, Minister of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure;
- Mr. Emil Lee, Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labour; and
- Mr. Hassani Ellis, deputy Minister Plenipotentiary.
Mr. Cornelius Deweever will be responsible for the portfolio of the Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication pending the appointment of a new Minister.
The new interim Cabinet will be committed to the promotion of the wellbeing of Sint Maarten, who will amongst others give priority to concluding the development of a recovery plan, to the agreement with the Netherlands on the financing of the recovery plan, to revisiting the budget for 2018, to developing a plan to strengthen security, to executing the agreement with the Netherlands on border control, to implementing the law on the integrity chamber in accordance with the protocol with the Netherlands, to the execution of the elections and to initiate electoral reform.